Friday, February 10, 2012

Critical Thinker


My grandma is the type of person who always has a planner, so she can best prepare for the things that need to be done. Such as all the family parties we have. There are so many every month, and she knows she can no longer do it all, like she once could. By planning ahead she is able to instruct everyone on the job they have been assigned: different foods, deserts, or decorations. She is the conductor. She was the person who would lead everyone on vacation. What time where we leaving? What was for lunch and dinner? What did we need while we were away? She had it thought out and ready before we left?
Like every family mine has had its problems. My grandma had five children and now has seven grandchildren. She is the backbone that keeps us together. So, as you can imagine, she needs to be a strong critical thinker to help solve the problems that come her way. Having a brother used to create a lot of drama when I was younger. Since my grandma babysat all the grandchildren up until they went off to high school, she was the one who had to listen to all of it. And she did. She would listen to my hysterics and my brothers bologna. In the end we were both scolded because we were both wrong. No one was favored and everyone was heard. Even now, as a 20 year old woman, I still tell my grandma my issues so I can get her wisdom on how to best handle the situation. What better place to find the solution to life's problems other than someone who has lived?When it comes to the latest things happening in the family I know to ask Grandma Rosie. She always seems to know what is happening before everyone. When my cousin went on American Idol, when there is someone sick in the family, or even the little gossip about how everyone is doing, she seems to know it all. As if she is the center of the our family network. What's the point of Facebook? She even knows things about myself that I have not even spoken to her about.
My grandma is a special woman with many incredible qualities. One of those happens to be critical thinking. It is a tool she uses in her everyday life and it helps her be a great leader and back bone for the family. One day I'll be a grandma too, helping my family. I only hope that I can do as good of a job at being a critical thinker.
The person I find to be a critical thinker in my life is my grandma, Rosalina Lundgren. She listen to the news, yes, but that is not why I find her to be a critical thinker. It is the way she approaches the issues in her life. She finds alternative solutions for problems that arise. She plans ahead and prepares for the things that need to be done everyday. When ever there is a rift in the family she calmly listens to both sides and gives her opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment